You don’t need to be a professional graphic designer to design a logo. With online tutorials and tools, it is possible to make money by making logos in a short time. You can use ready-made templates on websites for simple designs. You can do more professional work with low-cost and short trainings.
A logo is the identity of a company, organization or association. It appeals to the visual perception of the target audience. It creates associations about the organization in their minds. In this sense, logo designs are a simple but important job. In the past, only professional graphic designers could do this job. Today, both professionals and beginners can design through logo selling sites.
Logo making is also used as a way to make money from home. If you want to make money from logo making, there are plenty of resources online to help you improve your skills. These resources include readings, tutorials, and online tools. In our article, you can find suggestions for those who want to make and sell logos to have a continuous and increasing earning graph.
How to Design a Logo?
Logos can be designed using text or images. They are printed on corporate documents and products to be used. To design a logo that will accurately represent an organization, you should follow the steps below.
Understand the brand identity well.
The main purpose of the logo is to represent the corporate identity. If you can correctly understand the basic principles, vision and mission of the company or other institutions you serve, you can create a correct product. To do this, you must first conduct a good research and in-depth interviews. A study of the sector and customer expectations will also increase the quality of your work.
Take examples from good brands.
No matter how beautiful the logo looks, if it cannot speak the same language as the organization it belongs to, it cannot reach its goal. Examine good examples, whether in the sector you are working on or not. Understanding what a successful logo points to and what kind of perception it creates will guide your work. This study will also prevent you from repeating yourself.
Determine a method.
Before you start working on the logo, determine a method. Determine whether simplicity, classicism or assertive discourses should stand out for the institution you serve. The fonts, colors, images or texts you will use will change according to your method. A simple discourse, a classic font but an assertive visual means a wrong whole. Those who want to make money by making logos are expected to create the right combination.
Choose the type of logo.
There are different types of logos used in the market. Among them, the following uses are common.
- Logos using words
- Logos using letters or initials
- Symbol working logos
- Logos focusing on abstract concepts
- Emblems In addition to the above types, different combinations of them can be used when designing a logo.
Determine the logo elements.
The basic elements of a logo are the logo shape, color combinations, and font. Choose a logo shape first. You can use geometric shapes or abstract or organic shapes. Then decide on the color combinations you will use. Before choosing colors, you should definitely study the effects of colors. As you can use complementary colors, analog colors also give successful results. If you are going to use letters in the logo, choose a font. When choosing logo elements, make sure that they are compatible with the method you use.
Increase your chances of success with case studies.
Talking about a concrete product is important to use time and increase success. Get feedback from your customers by making sample logo studies.
Making Money by Making Logo
With the tools and training available, it’s easy to make money by making logos. The challenge is to increase and sustain this income. Key definitions for sustainability
- Customer satisfaction
- Communication skills
- Trend tracking
- Continuous self-improvement and change
can be listed as.
If you are just getting started with logo design, you should first do a good preliminary study. Preliminary work will help you create a vision for yourself. As an outside eye, you should examine the most successful logos, read their stories, and make notes about their relationship with the company. Brainstorming about how you can create a design by putting yourself in the designer’s shoes will lead you to success.
Earning income by designing a logo is not just a production job. No matter how much quality work you do, it may not be possible to make a profit unless you can market it. The easiest way for beginners is to work with logo selling sites.
How Much Can You Earn by Making a Logo?
The amount of money you can make creating logos depends on your experience and the way you market your products. Freelance graphic designers earn a minimum of 100 $ per logo design. Those who want to make money by making logos without being a graphic designer set different prices for designs of different difficulty. Logo design fees in the market vary between 5 $ and 40 $ according to logo types. Price concentration is in the range of 15-20 $.
Who Needs a Logo?
Companies are the most demanding customers for logo design. Especially newly established companies or companies that want to take a step towards institutionalization need logo design to create their own identity. In addition, corporate companies can also renew their logos to make a difference at the end of a certain period. They may also need a different logo other than the company’s existing logo for a new product to be launched on the market.
In fact, the main reason for the concentration of demand in companies is the large number of companies. The market for those who want to make money by making logos is vast. Potential clients include:
- Organizations (for example, book fairs)
- Civil society organizations
- Project-based activities (e.g., girls should go to school campaign)
- People who want to reach a target audience (e.g. candidates in an election)
- Public institutions (mostly work projects of municipalities)
Suggestions for those who want to make and sell logos
If you want to make a steady profit from your logo design business, you should pay attention to some important points. You can review the following articles for suggestions for those who want to make and sell logos.
- The logo is part of the corporate identity. It should be compatible with other elements that make up the whole, such as the website, the rhetoric used.
- Learning the usage areas of the logo ensures a better quality result. For example, if you are working in large areas such as car wraps, it may be appropriate to choose a shape that will cover the area. If you don’t have this information, you should design the logo so that it looks the same quality at any size.
- Customer satisfaction is very important. You should definitely share the color codes and font details with your customer so that they do not have any problems in using it.
- Concrete information is the most meaningful information at the customer’s decision stage. To make money by making a logo, you must create your own portfolio.
- A logo you work with is your signature as well as the identity of the customer. To improve yourself, you should also work externally on the good ideas that come to your mind.
- The most expected thing from a logo is originality. In order to create original works, you should take inspiration from similar works, but you should not create products that will resemble them. You should also avoid repeating yourself constantly.
- You should make sure that there is no obstacle to the legal use of any element you are considering for the logo.